Pauls Tv - Five Year Warranty Rebate

In November, 2013 I purchased a top of the line Panasonic TCP65ST60 plasma television from Paul's TV and Appliances. I was given a sales pitch for what a great deal they offered regarding television warranties.

So along with television I purchased, I agreed to purchase the five year warranty for $250. Like everyone else was told in the many reviews I've read, I also was told I would get 50% back if the warranty was not used. I tried calling Paul's TV only to find out they're out of business. So, obviously, because I'm writing this, I have the same concern as everyone else.

The time is up. I did not use the Warranty.

So, with nowhere else to turn, my question is "Where do I go to get in line to collect the $125 owed me? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 30.

Pauls Tv - ***

2.1
Ease of Use
Style and Design

They stole from us all I guess...bought a warrantee and told we would get the money back if never used. LIES.and now my DVD is not working.

My husband is a100 percent disabled veteran. So it’s a shame these people do this to innocent and disabled people..and anyone one for that matter..let’s do something about this..let’s find the owners address. Well hang outside and.

Bother him till it’s paid..seriously why do we have to write 100 words? Ok here it is.LOSER{{Redacted}}

Product or Service Mentioned: Dvd.

I liked: Products.

I didn't like: That they lied about the warrantee.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 28.

Comments

GaudyAardvark

These people are dreadful for stealing from people

Pauls Tv - Purchased $3000.00 worth of washer dryer an stove an tv with warranties

2.0

how do I get my product repaired seeing how they closed spent about $600.00 in warranties but can find a place to honor them can anyone help on this matter ,can we file lawsuit if need be I think we should get are money back for all warranties plus intrest they committed fraud they should of sent letters out to all parties that bought any warranty back from the day they closed 5 years prior stating where warranties will be accept ,at no cost to the buyer can I file a complaint with the attorney general regarding this matter of fraud an sue the next of kin seeing how the owner past that was why they closed the doors

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: 389.98 for all warranties paid for or the cost for each item that will need repair in the future.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 23, 2017.

Comments

Has anyone found a solution to this issue? I am due to receive my refund for the unused warranty and Now I find out they went out of business!

GaudyAardvark
to chris a #1548299

Let’s find out the guys name and go to his house

I'm in the same boat. I purchased a television from Paul's TV in July 2014.

I bought the 5 year extended warranty for $199.99.

Of course, Paul's is closed now and I'm having issues with my TV. I've researched online, but can't find any remedy.

to Anonymous #1421896

i am in the same boat as you but I hears that the company that should be upholding the extended warranties is "The Warranty Group". I called them a few days ago and I went through giving all my information to the person on the phone and they gave me a contract number and auth# and said someone would be in touch with me.

Well I have not heard from anyone and when I called back they had no idea with those numbers were.

I have entered this into Channel 7 to have them investigate. We will see how this goes.

to Anonymous #1434589

Me too. Spent $400.

On a warranty for Samsung washer and dryer. By the Samsung appliances are no good.

My washer is not working now. Only four years old.

to Anonymous #1440306

I'm having the same issue with my 5 year plan it was a plan to get more of our money

View more comments

Pauls Tv - 80 inch tv with 5 years warranty

I have a 5 years warranty witg Paul's TV and he is gone the tv stopped working I have 3 1/2 years lefted and I can not find anyone to replace it it's a 80 inch tv if you can help please call Joyce 323 326-5907 thanks

Product or Service Mentioned: Sharp Tv.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 12, 2017.

Comments

My Samsung TV is having issues. It shuts off by itself, then goes back on by itself.

I found my Paul's TV Preferred Service Plan and called the number 888-329-8742. I called on Friday and someone is coming out Monday to look at the TV. We'll see how it goes. I had purchased the 5 year extended service plan in October of 2013 when I purchased the 60" TV.

Too big to take in for service. Someone from XP Electronics out of Nashua NH is the one servicing the TV.

Pauls Tv - Customer Service - A big fat F

Uncasville,Connecticut
Ease of Use

This is long people, sorry!! I purchased a Bose PA from Guitar Center in Groton.

I got ProCoverage, which covers the gear if it breaks down. Mine did. They referred me to Pauls TV. I took it to Pauls and they told me they could not repair it because they are not a Bose dealer and could not order their parts.

I called ProCoverage back and they stated they would order the parts for Pauls. They spoke with Pauls, and Pauls agreed to take the gear for repair. I dropped it off myself. Ten days later, I received a call from the manager, stating how sorry he was that they could not fix it because they did not have a certain tool to "test" what was wrong with it.

He also apologized that no one got back to me sooner. Essentially, they did nothing to fix it at all after ten full days. He suggested I contact Procoverage for another service center and he would be glad to ship it for me. So, that's what I did.

I emailed him the shipping label that he requested, 3 days ago (now its been 17 days). Yesterday I emailed him and asked him if he shipped it and he never responded. So, today I called and he states "I am waiting for the shipping label". I state it was emailed three days ago.

He looks and sure enough there it was. He states "oh there it is". I ask him if he will ship it today (Saturday) and he states "Its Saturday. We cant ship it today.

We will ship it Monday". As if I trust that he will make my gear a priority and really ship it Monday. After everything, I thought that was highly unlikely. So, I decided to ship it myself.

I go there and he actually had the nerve to tell me "I told you I couldn't fix it to begin with". This is what he says to me. Well of course I blew my top. On my way out the door, I told him UPS was open today, Saturday.

He told me "Good! Take it there then!". Horrible customer service.

As other people have stated, if Pauls actually could fix it, I am very confident it would have taken forever, and the job probably would have been ***. What a waste.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pauls Tv Portable Pa System Repair.

Preferred solution: I want nothing. They cant fix this. They have demonstrated I was not a priority for nearly 20 days. I will not have any more dealings with them. .

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 23, 2016.

Pauls Tv - Simple Review #1467855925

My TV has been blinking black for 5 days now...i would like to add my insurance to reaolve this issue.

Product or Service Mentioned: Tv.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 06, 2016.

Pauls Tv - Out of Business - Did not buy my 5 year extended warranty, but took my money

Shame on Paul's TV. I purchased a 5 year warranty a year ago and just found out recently that many customers did not actually receive their warranties.

Paul's TV failed to send their money (and mine) to Banker's Life. Now everything is tied up in the courts and Banker's Life is trying to get Paul's TV to send them all of the money they owe them for these contracts - - don't hold your breath is what Bankers Life is telling me - - no promises. They must have been withholding people's good money and putting into their operational costs/overhead.

All I know is that I paid for an extended warranty and have nothing to show for it. What a crock of S--t!

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 20, 2016.

Fall River, Massachusetts, United States #1224736

It's not right! I'm so pissed off!!

I also purchased the 5 year warranty when I bought my 4K 65 inch at Jordon's furniture where Paul's tv use to be located and was told that I was getting the $250 rebate .. really sleazy business..

Kennesaw, Georgia, United States #1192642

Yup...same thing happened to me. I am writing it off as lost money.

Such a shame. Makes a person really not want to use anyone online...perhaps amazon, but now I am very reluctant to use any online retailer after this experience.

Paul's TV should be punished in a big way since someone or some group of people made the decision (or people were aware of what was going on) and went along with the decision to do this. There are many of us out here that are in the same boat.

class action??

Pauls Tv - Simple Review #1455653919

Ledyard,Connecticut
2.0

Worst customer service from amy that i have ever experienced- ever. Rude and dont care AT ALL about issues you may have. Rude rude rude!!!

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 16, 2016.

Pauls Tv - Sony 55-Inch Tv Review from Menifee, California

I bought a tv from Paul's a year ago and it already broke and now they're out of business. What terrible customer service. I'm so angry.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 25, 2015.

Call 888-329-8742 for their warranty hotline

I bought a Samsung Smart TV from Pauls, my bad experience was the installer , he used the wrong wiring and damage the TV . I realized now they gave me the wrong type of mount.

Long story short the installer was supposed to bring me a new TV and showed up with just the cables. The service advisor came and looked at my TV and found the installer used a hard cable that bent the cable behind the TV and damaged the port.

So when the installer came back he showed up with just cables and we get I to a *** match when I asked him where my replacement TV , he tells me thats all I am getting and he is swearing in front of my grandkids, I came to a point where I was ready to give this guy good *** kicking, I threw him off my property called Pauls TV and the next thing you know he is pulling my new TV off his truck. This particular installer who was subcontracted was ripping Pauls TV off. He would still would have had my TV on his truck and left me with the damaged one.

So I say watch out for the contractors who you hire, they will make you or break you. In this case this guy was ripping Pauls TV off.

Why not call the manufacturer. They are the ones to fix you tv.

I also bought a samasung curved last year and was told in these words my extended warranty covers everything well the led screen got cracked from the unit over heating ,,,there calling it physical damage and is not warrantied threw Samsung or bankers war. group there extended warranty comp. needless to say the price was 5,999.99 for 8months of use ,,they say its a threw away im Dean grizzlo2002@yahoo.com if anyone has any advice or wants to help me stat a class action lawsuit against all involved I cant sleep at nite,,, it took me 20 yrs to sav that money WOW

Paul's TV didn't sell Sony... Either you have the wrong TV or your complaining about the wrong place.

Plus - your anger is foolish - what good does it do to complain about a place that is out of business?

if its under a year old call the manufacturer. it has a warranty.

if you bought an extended warranty its still valid through a 3rd part insurer. it wouldn't be pauls tv who would have been giving you a new TV or fixing it regardless of if they were still in business or not, its the manufacturer.

its like that anywhere, best buy, Walmart, frys they all do it that way.

View more comments

Pauls Tv - Samsung Tv Review from Sylmar, California

Purchased tv & warranty $299

Never used warranty garranted

50% back in store credit / now

Making calls and no refund

Call this a ( SCAM)

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 14, 2015.

Comments

its not a scam. its pretty much impossible to offer a 50% back in store purchase if theirs no longer stores for you to make " a in store purchase in".

think logically before going to the internet to complain. i'm sure pauls tv and its hundreds of employees who lost there jobs are deeply sorry that you weren't able to use your 50% back in store coupon.